Necessities while training for a marathon
- Lightweight, dry fit jackets for rainy or chilly days
- Tank tops for layering
- Compression Capris
- Water Belt for those runs 8 miles and over
- Nike Lunar Glide Sneakers for weight training **
- Black Duffel for storing everything in one place
- Garmin Sportswatch - calculates all mileage and times
- Running headband for those pesky bangs
- Sport beans and gatorade for that extra boost half way
**I bought my running sneakers at a running store that specializes in finding the right shoe for you. If you decide to train for a marathon I suggest that you do the same. The sneakers play a very important role and you do not want to get injured.
As many of you already know, I am currently in training for the NYC Marathon this year. I am in my 5th week of training and it is brutal. I have bad days and good days and push through every single one. For those of you that want to complete a marathon and have never run one before, I suggest this book. Even though I am a runner, I have never tackled a marathon and wanted to start off easy and make sure I can finish. It has a 16 week training program and by your 5th week you are running 11 miles on the weekend.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments and I will be sure to get back to you! :)