Things I am Afraid to Tell You

DSC_0172

^^Crazy, Awkward picture
When Meg approached me to participate in Things I am Afraid to Tell You, I jumped at the opportunity. As bloggers, we frequently post about things that are beautiful and perfected. Let me remind everyone that I am not perfect, not even close. We all have worries and fears that we encounter on a daily basis. My friend Christina from Profresh Style recently opened up to her readers about a recent personal event in her life that has really inspired me to become more aware as a woman. Listen to her story here. We are all bound to the events that happen to us throughout life, some bad and some good. How we react to the unfortunate events in our life- make us who we are. Stronger and better – the older we become.

Without further ado, here is a list of 5 things I am afraid to tell you all:

1.) I have a fear of being mugged- which is why I learned to shoot guns. I should also clarify (since there were some comments regarding this…) that this was my choice. I do not advocate guns or tell everyone they should get one to feel safe. You can make your own decisions about that…

2.) I have pretty severe anxiety, which I thankfully- have been able to control by myself without medication (although, there is nothing wrong with that).

3.) I sometimes think blogging can be somewhat of a popularity contest, which is why I had quit back in 2010. I started back up a few months later because the reason I blog is because I love it and I don’t care who else does :)  – Although my readers are flippin’ awesome and I heart you all.

4.) I have a fear of venturing away from home. Massachusetts has been where I’ve lived my whole life- we are moving 90 minutes away and that is a huge deal to me. HUGE. But I will live :)

5.) I am so often inspired by people who do not live with materialistic means, rather gets through life by way of a strong mind. There are many of these folks that I meet on a daily basis at work in the hospital. Be thankful for what you have and do not ask for more than you need.

Well that’s it guys, as vulnerable as it gets!
Here is the rest of the crew that posted:

Cassie: Coco + Kelley / Christine: Court & Hudson / Caitlin: Sacramento Street / Roxy: My Cup of Te / Crystal: Blog / Meg: MIMI+MEG / Ashlina: The Decorista / Katie: Modern Eve / Erin: Apartment 34 / Erica: Design Blahg / Victoria: Vmac & Cheese / Christine: Miles to Style / Franki: Life in a Venti Cup  / Sue: The Zhush / Erika: Radiant Republic / Gabrielle: Savvy Home / Monika: The Doctor’s Closet / Naomi: Design Manifest /Tobe: Because It’s Awesome / Becca:{extra}ordinary wonders / Lynzy: Sparkling Footsteps / Hitha: Hitha On The Go / Sarah: Note To Self / Liz: So Much To Smile About / Sarah: Blogstar / Alissa: The Goods Design / Jessie: Style & Pepper / Erika: Small Shop Studio  / AV:Long Distance Loving / Maggie: Maggie Rose Blog / Nicole: The City Girl In Me / Priscilla: The Best Laid Plans / Jen:Concrete Jungle DC / Janelle: Food Fashion Fitness / Natalie: East Coast Chic

Comments

1. says

I fully agree with you on #3 – but I love your honesty on your blog, and it’s fabulous. As far as moving – I’ve never lived in one place for more than 6 years, and I can say that while it’s scary, moving is incredibly exciting and fun! Let me know if you need any tips – I’m here for you, girl.

2. says

3. says

First of all, I think that picture is adorable. Just sayin’ ;)

And I hear you on the anxiety. I think a lot of other people will too. It’s something we all feel but don’t talk about… which is precisely what I love so much about this series! Bravo to you for opening up about it.

xoxo

4. says

First of all, I think that picture is adorable. Just sayin’ ;)

xoxo

5. says

love this.
    I too agree – we all have blogs yet only post the perfections not the imperfections, when in fact – your readers want to know the real you – and the more relatable and genuine you are on the interweb – the more transparent you become, which leads me to love you more than ever.

XO love you l.

6. says

love this.

XO love you l.

7. says

Thank you for posting this. I have that gripe about blogs too sometimes. I am really open on my blog and always will be. I don’t care who doesn’t like it or doesn’t agree with it. They don’t have to read it. Also, I have high anxiety as well. I have also been able to get through it without medication, though it is still hard. I love the idea of this post! And I love your shorts!

8. says

9. says

Great post! I’m one of the other bloggers who participated, and it’s been so great to read what everyone else wrote. I particularly agree with #3… so well said!

10. says

11. says

I am loving this series too- I have really bad anxiety so I can totally relate, I try to manage mine with diet and exercise too but sometimes it’s hard. I also agree with #3 I’ve had my blog since 2008 but took most of 2011 off because I just needed a break!

12. says

13. says

Isn’t this series great? I have reallllly bad anxiety, too! It manifests itself in such weird ways that it can be really unpredictable. I’ve developed coping mechanisms but I wish it would just disappear altogether.

14. says

15. says

Haha that is a crazy AWESOME picture! I love that you girls are doing this. it’s great to remind readers that bloggers are real people… and that they aren’t alone in their issues.

16. says

17. says

Lately I have been feeling the same way as you re: #3. I am doing all I can to keep the competitive pressure out, but some days, it’s tough to not compare. I hate that. I try and ask myself “Would I post this if no one else ever read it?” Usually it’s a good test for whether the content is really me or if it’s being written for someone else!

18. says

19. says

Thank you for sharing with us – I truly believe that when you open up it shows what a strong person you are on the inside.

I too struggle with crazy anxiety but have learned to control it over the past couple of years. Anxiety can be rough stuff.

Also, thank you for stopping by my little blog.
    Lauren
    llovestoshare

20. says

Also, thank you for stopping by my little blog.
    Lauren