A Life Full of Adventure

My husband alwats wants to go on “adventures”. I have to admit that, at first, I wasn’t a huge fan..
When I have a day off, I love to lounge around and do, well….nothing.
One of my “resolutions” or better stated – goals of this year is to get out and go on adventures more often. The goal is to go on at least one per month. This month we will be traveling up to the mountains in VT with friends to snowboard and indulge in the cold, wintry weather. So excited for that!
There is a park nearby to us that is so beautiful in the winter. We decided to go for a long hike after a night of snowfall to capture the scenery.
Plus, it was a crazy good workout, hiking through 8 inches of snow….

Adorable new wishbone necklace thanks to PoshLocket <3

Finally made it to the top- where a tiny castle was waiting for us :)

I have been rattling my brain to think of more day trips/adventures we could indulge in. Here is what I have come up with so far:
For Winter
Snowshoeing – I have never gone showshoeing before, but heard it’s beautiful and a great workout!
Snow Tubing – I mean, c’mon, so fun!
For Spring:
More hiking – We have a few places on our list in CT that we haven’t tackled yet!
Breweries: Discover some of the best in New England
Visit Acadia National Park
Visit Lake Placid – and stay at the Mirror Inn or Lake Placid Lodge
Visit this beautiful hotel that was designed based on a 16th century Florentine Palazzo
For Summer
Day/Overnight Trip to Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard or Kennebunkport - I have been to all of these places in the past, but they are the cutest little towns that New England has to offer and I would love to make some day trips to see them all again!
Discover all the nearby Lighthouses
Cliff Walks - Like the one in Newport, R.I.
Travel up the coastline stopping at these places

What are your favorite day trips or fun things you have done with your S.O?

Comments

1. says

Ha you guys are like the complete opposite of my boyfriend and me. He wants to just lay around and I am the one who always wants to go out and do stuff. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun stuff planned, I hope you enjoy it! I love going out to new places and breweries and trying new things :)

2. says

3. says

What beautiful pictures! I like to lay around and so does he…makes for one lazy couple:) I am a New England girl myself, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard are TO DIE FOR. The best of the best!

4. says

5. says

my boyfriend loves “exploring” too… my excuse for the weekends is that i would just like to rest… but on days he’s able to drag me out of the house, exploring isn’t so bad. I’d love to visit RI sometime. I may steal your list of places to visit!

6. says

7. says

I love this goal! And New England is definitely one of the best regions to find adventure… so much beauty here! If you don’t make it to Acadia in the spring, it’s stunning in the fall.

8. says